(Thursday, 1st January 2004)
Title : Contracting Practices and Learning to Contract
- I. Lessons from field work on contracting practices
- a. Review of key TCE and TCE-related studies
- b. Scope and limitations of existing studies
- II. Learning to contract
- a. Literature on organization learning
- b. Evidence on learning to contract
- c. Relationship to TCE
- d. Contract design capabilities and competitive advantage
- e. Roles of lawyers, engineers and managers in contract design
Bibliographical references :
Mayer, Kyle J. & Nicholas Argyres (2004), "Learning to Contract: Evidence From the Personal Computer Industry", forthcoming, Organization Science, July-August 2004.
Josh Lerner and Robert P. Merges (1998) , "The Control of Technology Alliances: An Empirical Analysis of the Biotechnology Industry," The Journal of Industrial Economics 46(2), June, pp. 125-156.